How Goats Can Be Kept Healthy
- Ensuring that they have access to enough feed of the correct quality
- Ensuring they have access to clean water
- Following a vaccination programme against common diseases
- Keeping internal and external parasites under control
- Keeping sick goats separate so that disease does not spread to healthy goats
- Making sure that any goats introduced to the flock are disease-free
- Sheltering goats from adverse weather.
- Other observations such as a pot belly, when combined with poor condition or growth rate, is usually an indication of tapeworm infestation.
- Anaemia diagnosis can be checked by observing the eye lid paleness