Did you know that Breeding is NOT Mating?
A breed is a specific group of domestic animals having homogeneous appearance, homogeneous behavior, and/or other characteristics that distinguish it from other organisms of the same species. There is a difference between mating and breeding. Below are some of them:-
- Mating is mainly for Reproduction while Breeding is for Genetic improvement
- You don’t need records for mating but you need records for Breeding
- You don’t need selection for mating but you need selection for Breeding
- You don’t need a strategy for reproduction but you need a strategy for Breeding
- However, both activities may need organised groups of farmers for sustainability